Berkeley T60 (GREAT BRITAIN, 1962)

$125.00

 

A Short Career


Beginning in 1956 the company Berkeley Cars started with the production of small, mostly two-seated sports cars in British Biggleswade (Bedfordshire). The vehicles appealed to the Brits at the first attempt and therefore the car range was quickly extended.

 

Following on from the great success of the four-wheeled roasters, the product range was extended by a three-wheeled type designated as the T 60 in 1959. According to British law the missing fourth wheel made it possible to steer the car with just a driving license for motorbikes. The engineers relied on a two-cylinder two-stroke engine form Excelsior with 328 cc and 18 hp as driving unit. The engine was installed directly in front of the front axle and got its required cooling through a large radiator grille at the front. At the rear the single wheel was completely covered by the centrally converging GRP body of the car. The little three-wheeler reached its highest sales figures within the United Kingdom, whereas on the European mainland it could not meet with approval. The lack of success outside the UK was definitely attributable to the missing wheel that was both visually and when driving quite strange for most drivers. The T 60 accommodated only two persons but had a well-spaced trunk for the luggage above the rear wheel on hand.

 

In December 1960 the production at Berkley Cars ceased, after the work was beyond remedy due to financial straits. Totaled up 1,800 T60 three-wheelers left the production facilities in Biggleswade

 

#03013 resin limited build of 333   1/43 scale


Add to Cart:

  • Model: FACU3013
  • Shipping Weight: 1.25kgs
  • Manufactured by: AUTOCULT

This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 10 April, 2018.

Copyright © 2018 Mini Grid Inc.  hosted by GeekHost     Follow us on ”twitter”    Subscribe to our Newsletter